Wednesday 3 December 2008

My Eyebrows

This is a different kind of post for me, its about what I'm doing at the moment, or trying not to do. I've been listening to religious programmes recently and there is much talk on the exhausted subject of should women pluck their eyebrows. (I hear the men sigh and move on).
Anyway...to me this is important. I'm not an overly religious person, Yes I wear hijab, and yes I pray, and I try to consciously smile at people etc...etc...
Plucking my eyebrows...I love, never will I let myself go completely...but it is forbidden, I have read many websites and got confused, so decided to ask a sheik to get a last fatwa and that is what I will stick with.
The Sheik from Dalmonti....he say NO.... (AAHHHHHHHHHH)
So...Little miss caught in the middle has now stopped plucking her eyebrows (Allah Yahdi)
We will see what I look like in a couple months time....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

peace upon u
Actually this is a cotraversial issue.4 me am NOT 100% convinced that it is forbidden.
so,follow your sense.....good luck n your new lifestyle.

Anonymous said...

religion is about what you believe not what others do... don`t ask mufti`s or other religious figures about some personal issues.... Islam is suppose to be more about individual`s relationship with god without any interference....
my advice to you is to follow your instincts... what would an eyebrow do that would threaten the world ....

on the edge said...

Oh PLEASE !!!! I want to say a lot to this but I will limit myself ... do the world and yourself a favor and TWEEZE . You pluck chickens ! LOL !

on the edge said...

Happy Eid babycakes !!!How's the eyebrow thingy going now that they are like OUT THERE ? LOL !

Anglo-Libyan said...

Eid Mubarak to you and your family.

Anonymous said...

hi,
most of people says its forbidden because it changes the figure or the look that Allah creat on you....Don't you think that??

Unknown said...

Should men pluck their eyebrows?

http://www.yelp.com/topic/san-francisco-should-men-pluck-their-eyebrows


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtlcv-Jjyzo


I do not understand why people do not use their common sense and logic when it comes to religion.