Sunday 6 July 2008

Dried up weekend...

You always imagine weekends to be a relaxing time where you catch up on all the things that you couldn't do during the week, no stress, just take your time and do the business kind of thing. Well occasionally a mishap here and there occurs, Like NOT HAVING ANY WATER FOR THE WHOLE TWO DAYS OF RELAXATION!!!!!! (yes you've sensed it, I'm angry......)

My in-laws , them downstairs, the parents, stay home all week, with nothing much to do, they are old, very old and possibly going senile, decided on Friday morning of all days to do a little maintenance to the water works for both upstairs and downstairs (looking back, they did mean well), anyway they managed to get the maintenance sorted, and also managed to burn out the pump that delivers water to my apartment, which needs spare parts and as its Friday they won't be able to get them till Saturday. I have a 4 year old and a 17 month old, for those of you who have kids you'll understand my frustration in having to take them downstairs every time they need the loo or have a nappy changed, or wash their hands or prepare a bottle...etc..etc..etc.. NIGHTMARE.......

To add to my crazy in-laws (sorry), I have a lazy husband, who couldn't be bothered to find the parts needed to fix the water pump till very late in the evening on Saturday, and then once we found someone to install, there where more parts missing....(JOY...) to cut a very long and tedious story short, I had to take a very slow and cold shower this morning and we still don't have proper running water (21st century my ***).

With Fridays and Saturdays dishes piled high, kids at my mums and husband in the doghouse, I'd say I'm having a pretty good month don't you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have just described my husband... and my in-laws.... I always wondered what my husband does when he's out of my sight. Now I know! He's married to you too... well guess what? I'm generous! YOU CAN HAVE HIM!!!!!!